Thursday, August 9, 2012

An American-French Birthday!

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes :)

My adopted family here threw me a very splendid birthday party. We got to barbeque (my favorite summer meal) and had delicious flourless chocolate cake for dessert with a heavy bourbon-flavored whipped cream.

Though we brought in some American style BBQ on a Weber charcoal grill, we munched on rabbits they raised themselves! In fact, the whole meal came from their house and garden, can't get more local and sustainable than that!




So far, I'm enjoying my time here in the Southwest Countryside. I'm trying to adapt to these slow relaxed afternoons, and I am taking in everything about the relationship between the French people and their food.

I've also been learning a lot about wild plants, medicines, and seed-saving. Expect a fun tutorial with all of that information soon.

Out for now :)
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment